Everything You Need to Know About Pressure-Sensitive Labels
Pressure-sensitive labels (PSL) are widely used for labeling purposes due to their low cost, and premium designs. These labels can make any product stand out, and they offer immense customization possibilities too. Now you may ask, how are these labels different? What considerations are required while purchasing them? This post tries to answer such common consumer questions.
How Are Pressure-sensitive Labels Different from Other Labels?
The following benefits answer how pressure-sensitive labels are different from other standard labels:
- Functionality: These labels are made from various types of plastic or paper. The labels can easily conform to any shape without sacrificing their quality. They are ideal for labeling products with special contours as well as squeezable bottles.
- Clarity: Pressure-sensitive labels are used in medical environments for displaying information regarding a patient or prescription clearly. This helps avoid mistakes. PSL labels can also carry high definition prints, which makes them an ideal choice for wristbands, chart labels, etc.
- Versatility: The PSL labels are offered in a variety of shapes, finishes, materials, and adhesive backing, which makes them suitable for various labeling applications. Thus, they are widely used for security, product identification, and branding, protection, and barcoding applications.
Things to Consider While Selecting Pressure-sensitive Labels
If considering pressure-sensitive labels for your next project, you need to remember the following points:
- Size: The size of your label will depend on the surface where you want to use them. For bottles, you need to know the measurement of its height and circumference. However, for flat surfaces, you need to know the measurement of the surface area. Proper measurements of the surface area will help you determine the size of pressure-sensitive labels.
- Shape: These labels are influenced by the shape, as well as the size of the container. Pressure-sensitive labels are available in custom die cut shapes, you can check with the manufacturer to decide, which shape will best meet your labeling requirement.
- Surfaces: Generally, pressure-sensitive labels are built for dry and smooth surfaces. However, that doesn’t mean you cannot use them for rough or particulate surfaces. Many manufacturers provide these labels with strong adhesives, which can stick to any rough surface. So, you need to communicate your requirement clearly before ordering these labels from a label manufacturer.
Additionally, you can discuss with your label supplier to check if any additional considerations need to be made.
Material Selection Tips for Your Pressure-sensitive Labels
These labels are designed for most container sizes, and shapes. Also, they are designed with various materials. When it comes to material selection, you need to consider various factors such as style, size, cost, and durability. Here are some examples of regular pressure-sensitive labels, and how they are used for typical labeling purposes.
- Flexible Film Labels: These labels are created from clear polyolefin, or white paper, and are ideal for squeezable bottles. These labels always retain their original look.
- Clear Transparent Film Labels: These labels are waterproof, transparent, and can easily blend into the container background for “no label look”. These labels are used for labeling beauty, toiletry, food, and beverage products.
- Glossy Paper Labels: These labels are customized with color-fast inks, and are scratch as well as scruff resistant. The pressure-sensitive labels made from glossy paper are ideal for all surfaces.
- Matte Paper Labels: The labels are economical, and feature strong adhesives, which makes them ideal for metal, or plastic drums, corrugated boxes, and more.
- Metalized Silver Paper Labels: The metalized silver paper labels improve the aesthetic appearance of any surface they are labeled. This material is preferable for indoor use. Many manufacturers provide foil film labels, which are ideal for outdoor uses.
When purchasing your pressure-sensitive labels, it is very important that you understand your requirements, and container specifications to make the right selection. Also, you can get in touch with your label supplier or an expert for better understanding.
Related Blog Posts:
- Things You Should Know About Pressure Sensitive Labels: Part 1
- Things You Should Know About Pressure Sensitive Labels : Part 2