What You Need to Know about Barcode Labels – Part I
The barcode system has become a popular and essential system for different types of products. Barcode labels are used to apply barcodes onto products. They are a quick and easy method to track the sales of products. However, the role of barcode labels does not end there.
There are many more details that strengthen the importance and popularity of barcode labels. Read on to know more.
What is a Barcode?
A barcode consists of a series of black stripes and white spaces of different widths. In essence, the stripes consist of a unique coding, which can only be read with a scanner and specialized computer software. Generally, the barcode is printed onto products, thus giving them unique identification symbols. Barcode labels are generally used for applications such as calculation of product information, pricing, and billing.
What are the Benefits of Barcode Labels?
While they are a small part of a product, barcode labels provide a variety of benefits to the manufacturer, retailer, and the customer.
- Item Differentiation: One of the best and simplest benefits of barcode labels is that they allow a manufacturer to differentiate multiple stocks of a single product. This is particularly useful for facilities that specialize in bulk product manufacturing. It is also useful for warehouses and retail stores.
- Asset Tracking: Barcode labels are extremely useful when it comes to product tracking. The manufacturer can track the shipping of an asset from the factory or warehouse to the store. The retailer can track the delivery of a product to a customer.
- Easy and Economical: The use of a scanner and computer software allows a person to quickly and easily identify products. As the code is embedded in the stripes and white spaces, there is less chance of any error taking place in terms of sales or asset tracking. Barcode labels can be bought in bulk, and are competitively priced.
- Freedom in Terms of Design: Manufacturers can design barcode labels in different ways:
- They can print in a variety of sizes and shapes.
- They can be printed using pre-sized dies, which reduces production costs to a great extent.
- They can be printed as part of the product label.
- They can be designed with a strong adhesive for application on tough surfaces.
- They can even be over-laminated for durability.
- Personalization: The barcode label can be personalized with specific details of your business. Manufacturers can provide the barcode labels with information such as the company name, logo, or any other information you may find important. They can be printed on different types of materials such as aluminum and polyester depending on the application.
- Security Benefits: Barcode security labels can serve as a theft deterrent, allowing you to recover lost and stolen items. The barcode can be stamped onto a metal or aluminum plate along with the company logo and name. This makes the barcode almost impossible to remove without causing any damage to the item. . The specialized adhesive mentioned earlier also makes the barcode label difficult to remove, thus preventing tampering or theft.
Barcodes go beyond the traditional role of product identification. They provide a variety of benefits that meet the needs of customers from various industries. They can be used for applications such as document and goods tracking, asset management, and inventory control. The next post will cover the various types of barcode labels available in the market.
Related Blog Post :