Tamper-Proof Security Labels – Safeguard What You Sell and What You Own
Tamper-proof security labels are prudently designed to provide great security and protection to your assets. Produced using non-toxic materials, these labels are the smart solution widely employed for preventing unwanted access to your properties and tampering with assets.
They are available in a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes. Also, they can be customized to incorporate unique features according to the application requirements.
Why Choose Security Labels?
What accounts for the popularity of tamper-proof security labels? There are several reasons for the wide acceptance of security labels. These include:
- The labels are produced using easy tear material with strong adhesives. The use of strong adhesives leaves the remains of labels on the surface in case an attempt to tampering is made. The adhesive is strong, preventing an interloper to completely peel the remains from the surface. This gives clear evidence of tampering.
- Security labels can be incorporated with security slits. The position of the slit is changed when an outsider attempts to tamper with the label. Again, this provides a clear indication of unwanted access, theft or counterfeiting.
- Adhesives used to glue security labels on assets usually leave a ‘VOID’ message on the surface when it is removed. It would be difficult for an outsider to re-apply the label on the surface as it was earlier. This gives a clear indication of product hampering.
Tamper-Proof Security Labels – Material Options
Security labels can be produced out of several materials. Below listed are the most common options.
- White vinyl – Good UV resistance and UL/CSA recognized, smooth, ideal for textured and contoured surfaces.
- White acetate – Ideal to stick on security seals. FDA compliant, making it a suitable choice for the food processing industry.
- White paper – Excellent resistance to flagging, and press printable.
- PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) – Ideal for smooth, rough, textured, and contoured surfaces.
- Polyethylene (PE) – A general label material, suitable for a wide variety of substrates like wooden platforms, and metallic structures.
Meeting the Security Requirements of Divergent Industries
Applications of tamper-proof security labels are numerous. They are the perfect choice for businesses that are concerned about unwanted access and tampering of their assets. They are widely used across industries such as:
- Food Processing
A Smart Choice to Prevent Vandalism, Tampering, and Counterfeiting
Tamper-proof security labels can be used to ward off strangers from mishandling items. As mentioned earlier in this post, these labels can be customized in numerous ways to incorporate unique features. Some of the customization options include,
- Overprinting with hot foil
- Imprinting with special holographic images
- Printing with serialized barcodes
If you have any specific security labeling requirements, please talk to your manufacturer beforehand. Let him know about your unique demands and needs. Clear communication with the manufacturer helps him provide you with the perfect labeling solution for your business.