Warehouses are often seen with piles of packed and loose products, which occupy a lot of space. Due to this, many times, warehouse supervisors and workers find it difficult to identify a specific product from the assemblage.
Proper organization of your warehouse not only helps you identify products but at the same time makes the shipping easy. A simple yet effective way to achieve this is to utilize warehouse labels.
This blog will help you understand the product, warehouse labels, their types, and advantages.
Understanding Warehouse Labels
Product manufacturers utilize warehouses to store a wide variety of raw materials, semi-processed, or finished goods. If they are not labeled properly, it would be difficult for the person involved to handle the inventory. Also, it would create problems in product shipping as well. However, tagging the products using warehouse labels with valuable information imprinted allows easy inventory handling.
Commonly Used Types of Warehouse Labels
Several types of warehouse labels are available, especially for warehousing purposes. Some of the common types are discussed in brief here.
- Floor Labels – Floor labels are applicable for large warehouses with several rooms. These labels are manufactured to withstand heavy traffic and wear and tear. Also, they are ruggedly produced to withstand oil, harsh solvents, hydrocarbon solutions, and several other contaminants. Floor labels can be custom manufactured in any size, shape, and length and can be easily integrated with variable texts, bar codes, graphics, colors, and logos.
- Rack Labels – These are the most common types largely utilized in warehouse facilities to streamline the workflow. These labels help identify the right products for storing, shipping, and inventory management. There are several types of rack labels available, including multi-level rack labels, magnetic rack labels, and cold storage rack labels, among others. All these assure a smooth flow of warehousing operations. They can be customized in several ways. These include:
- They can be color-coded easily. This helps in easy identification of the level and position of a particular packaging or pallet locations in racking systems.
- They can be designed with arrows. This allows long-distance product scanning easy and trouble-free.
- Aisle Labels – These labels are designed to pinpoint a product’s location quickly, and to provide warnings, directions, or safety messages. Available in several colors including white, yellow, green, and red, they ensure high visibility. Each color is meant to convey specific information. For example, white aisle labels must be chosen to identify the location of racks, shelves, and bays. Whereas, a red aisle label is appropriate to provide warnings, cautions, or safety notices.
Apart from these labels, there are retro-reflective, variable image, and bin location labels available that are specifically designed to keep warehousing requirements in mind. All these labels can be manufactured to customers’ application requirements, integrating desired designs, colors, texts, and graphics.
Advantages of Warehousing Labels
Warehouse labels have numerous advantages. They are the most effective, and cost-efficient method of keeping your warehouse organized and operating in an efficient manner. The following are the benefits of using warehouse labels at your facility.
- Tracking – Most of the time, product manufacturers’ label fails to provide you enough information about the contents when it reaches your facility for storing. This poses difficulty in organizing and tracking products in your warehousing facility. In such circumstances, custom warehouse labels help to tag and thus managing inventory in your own convenient ways. Proper labeling also helps workers to scan labels for updating the database and track the product inventory.
- Improved Organization and Warehouse Efficiency – The use of warehouse labels eliminate mistakes like shipping the wrong item to customers’ doorsteps and mishandling items that must be managed with the utmost care. Warehouse labels can be incorporated with several data, that helps enhance the efficiency of your warehousing facility. For example, they can be imprinted with expiration dates. This helps to ship the oldest inventory first before they cross their expiration period. Also, it can be imprinted with any kind of security or caution note. This allows for the safe handling of products.
Warehouse labels provide several advantages. They help streamline warehousing operations, whilst avoiding costly errors. Also, you can achieve better inventory control, and reduce the time taken for finding the right materials from the inventory. This in turn improves your profit margin substantially.
Related Blog Posts: