Tips for Applying Custom Labels
It is a well-known fact that applying labels by hand is the first option for any small business. Although it might be time consuming, still it requires no expensive investment. However, applying labels using label machine applicators is ideal, if you manufacture products in huge volumes. The following tips will help you adopt the appropriate method.
- Position the Custom Label on a Clean Surface: This is one of the important requisites – be it a hand application or machine application. A label will serve its purpose, only if it is properly bonded to its surface. It doesn’t matter, whether you are labelling a bottle, envelope or a cardboard box, the surface should be free from dust, and grease.
- Choose a Flat Surface for Application: Today, you can easily design custom labels in various colors, designs, materials, and dimensions. However, there is only one requirement that is common to all – a flat surface. It is important that surface chosen for application is flat, even, and offers an excellent visibility.
- Choose a Flexible Adhesive for Hand Applications: A hand application may be satisfying, however it may also be a cause of concern. At times, the labels may not be positioned accurately, then it needs repositioning. It is important that you select repositionable adhesives for hand applications. These flexible adhesives have only short-term removability, which allows easy label removal, as well as reapplication, without losing the adhesive.
- Ensure the Surface is Moisture-free: There are various elements that are known to cut short the life of a label. Moisture tops the list of these elements. Various solvents like water, alcohol, and plasticizers may make it difficult for the label to stick to the surface. Moisture not only affects the sticking, but also impairs the strength of the label. In some cases, it may be difficult to control moisture, hence it becomes important to select the right material.
- Use a Machine to Apply Clear Labels: Many times, applying hand labels by hand can be problematic, if clear labels are involved. An air may get entrapped between the label and surface, thereby causing bubbles. These bubbles may disfigure the label, as well as damage its structural integrity.
One of the important decisions associated with hand and machine application is the quality and quantity of the labels. Thus, it is important that you purchase these from a reliable supplier. Performance Label Company is one of the leading providers of wholesale custom printing. The company provides quality custom labels in various specifications like adhesives, materials of construction, and dimensions.